Friday, April 23, 2010

The Right Gear for the Right Girl

I celebrated my 27th birthday yesterday and, much to my shagrin, received some great new gear from "the moms". Getting ready to go into a long journey like this one, I think it's important to take advantage of the little things that will help get you through the cold and rainy days when getting out of bed seems like a chore and going to work on a construction site seems impossible. 

A few years ago Nick was working in Kyrgyzstan leaving me to manage our properties alone. Frequently making house calls began to wear on my happiness, I hated having to dig through Nick's tools in the garage to get what I needed. And so, I took matters into my own hands and bought myself a hot pink tool kit. It was tidy, portable and most important pink. Getting a call to go fix something meant grabbing my tool kit and taking care of business, it was empowering to be able to quickly get what I needed and it was cheerful for them to be pink.

I suppose that's a good lesson in life: Find the little things that make you happy, in whatever situation you may be in. And so, I know I will enjoy my hard hat, my tool belt and my safety glasses just as much as I have my pink tool kit. Thanks Moms!
If you enjoyed this post get free updates by e-mail or RSS.

1 comment:

  1. thats hilarious - pink tools. Glad you like them though. And thanks for starting the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails